14. How do I get out of the settlement?
To exclude yourself, you must mail a letter that includes:
- Your full name, current address, telephone number, and signature;
- The name of the individual or entity requesting exclusion (if any different from your name);
- A statement that you are a Class Member and that you “request to be excluded from the class settlement in the Fox Home Video Settlement."
- A statement as to whether you wish to be excluded from the class settlement for all or only some of the Class Profit Participation Contracts to which you are a party. If you wish to be excluded for only some of the Class Profit Participation Contracts to which you are a party, please indicate the specific motion pictures and Contracts for which you are requesting exclusion.
You must personally sign your written “opt-out” request and mail it postmarked by March 2, 2018, to:
Fox Home Video Settlement
Attention: Exclusion Requests
1801 Market Street, Suite 660
Philadelphia, PA 19103
15. If I do not exclude myself, can I sue the Defendants for the same thing later?
No. Unless you exclude yourself from the settlement, you give up any right to sue the Defendants for the claims that are resolved by the Settlement. If you have a pending lawsuit, speak to your lawyer in that lawsuit immediately. Remember, the exclusion deadline is March 2, 2018.
16. If I exclude myself, can I get a payment from the settlement?
No. If you exclude yourself from the settlement, you will not be able to get any payments and you cannot object to the settlement. You will not be legally bound by anything that happens in the settlement.